Monday, February 6, 2012

week 8 + race recap!

I'm such a creature of habit. Case in point: on Mondays, I go to fighter fitness. However, Lu and I had decided we'd go on Thursday last week. I started thinking of what I'd like to do when I got home. Did I want to run on the treadmill? Run outside? Kickboxing? Core Fusion? Spinning? I was crippled by the options and totally unable to make a decision. There were TOO MANY options and I ended up doing nothing. Well, that's not totally true. As you can see, I did go purchase a Sodastream. In case you're wondering, it has totally changed my life for the better. Better than any workout, I think.

Changing fighter fitness to Thursday meant that I wasn't sore for my Tuesday evening run. It also meant that I was absurdly sore for climbing on Saturday and my long run on Sunday. My long run on Sunday felt pretty solid, actually. I ran about 3.7 miles to the start of the Super Sunday 5 miler, got my race bib, and met up with Danielle and Ashley. I was a little flustered because either Dailymile is off, or my Garmin is, because it should have been a little longer to the start. But of course I left my apartment late so I didn't have any extra time to make up the mileage.

The race was great - and I'm glad that I decided to do it at the last minute. My splits were consistent, but not really? -- 10:07, 10:09, 10:06, 9:48, 10:33, 10:52, 10:38, 10:28, 9:48. I should have restarted my Garmin when I got to the start line, but I didn't think of it at the time. I generally don't like to look at race routes beforehand, and this wasn't any different. It was a pretty simple course - out about 2.5 miles on one street, and back on another. My right hamstring was bothering me, although I think it was mostly from being so darn sore. I was so wrapped up in my Glee-fest at the finish line that I didn't even notice Danielle and Ashley yelling my name. Good thing D managed to snap this bad ass picture:

I'm not even sure what my exact race time was. Because I didn't get an exact time for when I started the race, and I ran to the T station after. I'm actually okay with that, because the race was just a part of the bigger training run. And after I found the girls, we decided that some libations were in order. Much deserved, if you ask me.

20 days until Hyannis. Which means two more long runs if I don't taper. I had gotten out of the habit for doing so while training for a half. But I'm not sure what I'll do for this one since it'll be my first half marathon in exactly a year. I'm just going to see how I feel as it gets closer.

How was your week? What were your highs and lows?

No comments: