1. I'm not much of a football fan, BUT I am very much still a New Yorker (despite living in enemy territory). And if I ever, EVER dared to root for a New England team I think my father and brothers would probably disown me. So obviously I'm going to be rooting for the Giants on Sunday. But really what I'm looking forward to are the snacks that come along with Superbowl Sunday. And the commercials. Obviously.
Who are you rooting for on Sunday?
2. I lost my 2012 Moleskine planner before the year even started. Well, actually, I really think my apartment ate it. I will forever be amazed at how many things can disappear in such a tiny apartment. I bet when I move out I'll lift a shoe and I'll find all the crap I've been missing for the last two years. I've been to three stores that were totally sold out of 2012 planners, and I finally found one last night. I ended up having to buy an 18-month planner and spent 20 minutes ripping out the pages because it bothered me that there were 6 months of blank pages. That, my friends, is what we call unnecessary obsessive behavior.
3. Against my better judgment, I've started watching bits and pieces of the latest season of The Bachelor. I don't understand the appeal. Ben is.. pretty much as entertaining as a brick wall. And his hair? It's stupid. And floppy. And the women? I've never seen so many seemingly-intelligent women just make utter and complete fools out of themselves. And for those of you who know me, you are aware that I watch some pretty terrible television. But I just can't get into this show. And since I have no patience, I totally spoiled the ending for myself and it pretty much reaffirms my belief that all (like, 99.9%) of men are pigs.
4. My dad has an iPhone now. Which means that there's some FaceTime action. I actually really like being able to do that with my parents, except when my mother opens up with "Wow, you look exhausted" or "Wait, are you eating.. again?". But then she does ridiculous things like this and I realize that it's very much a "like mother, like daughter" situation that we've got going on over here:
5. I have two successful month-long challenges under my belt. December was no candy, and January was no baked foods. I went out and bought myself my reward for Janaury's success and that was a SODASTREAM. It's amazing and I love it. I've been going to the bathroom non-stop for the last few days because I've been trying out the different flavors to see which ones I like. February's challenge will be the most difficult one yet -- NO GUM. My friend was chewing gum in the car the other day and it took all of my strength not to pull it out of her mouth. My name is j., and I am a gumaholic. Admitting the problem is the first step on the road to recovery, right?
Any suggestions on what I should reward myself with WHEN (maybe, if?) I survive the month without chewing any gum? I need something really good to make the suffering worthwhile.