I want to write a proper race recap, but I'm honestly way too exhausted right now. Look out for it when I get back to Boston in a few days! But I thought I'd leave you with these tidbits:
- Waking up at 3am so you can go run a marathon is inhumane. I'm pretty sure that it's considered cruel and unusual punishment in certain parts of the country.
- I never want to have lemon-lime Powerade again. Seriously. Never ever. Actually, even the thought of it is making me gag as I type this.
- I have amazing friends who tweeted, tracked, texted and wrote on my Facebook wall throughout the race. I did check my phone periodically to upload pictures to the 'book and all the positive words kept me going when things became almost too difficult to bear.
- My brain can and did keep me going long after my body had run out of energy.Today's marathon proved to me that running is just as much, if not more, mental as physical.
- Being able to high-five Mickey and Minnie as I crossed the finish line was so amazingly bad ass.
|Oh hai, we're marathoners now.|